Permanent Makeup JuvedermWouldn't it be great to swim, exercise, or even wake up in the morning looking great? Permanent makeup, also called permanent cosmetics and micro-pigmentation, uses tattoos to enhance the look of your face or to restore natural coloring to areas of the skin. Women and men from Westchester County visit dermatologic cosmetic surgeon Dr. Rhoda Narins for permanent makeup to enhance their look and their self-esteem.
As with traditional tattooing, the doctor applies permanent makeup by inserting pigment under the skin with a fine needle. A topical anesthetic can be applied to make this procedure as painless as possible. Permanent makeup can be used to:
- Enhance the color of lips, eyelids, and eyebrows
- Define and line eyelids and lips
- Create the look of eyebrows lost to age, chemotherapy, or disease
- Conceal scars and discolored or light areas of the skin, such as those caused by vitiligo
- Restore the look of the nipple and areola after breast reconstruction for mastectomy patients
- You will immediately see improvements from your micro-pigmentation, although you will likely have some minor redness and swelling for the first day or two.